Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Advice on Korcula

Sofia2 sent me a PM - for the last three weeks I have not been able to send PMs or reply to them so here is her question :-





my husband %26amp; I (early 50%26#39;s) are planning a week in Croatia in june next year. We will be arriving %26amp; departing from Dubrovnik. We were thinking of spending 4/5 nights in Dubrovnik %26amp; doing day trips from there (eg. Mostar, Elaphite islands) then hiring a car, driving to Korcula %26amp; spending 2 or 3 nights there. Is there enough to keep us occupied for 3 nights? We like to keep fairly active. I am not very good at sitting for hours looking at scenery, I would rather be active. Thanks.




|||



Now I can answer your queries !!





There is definitely enough in Korcula to keep you busy for three nights especially if you are hiring a car





There are lots of small villages in Korcula to visit plus you can also take a day trip to Mljet on a boat from Lumbarda (cost is 200 Croatian Kuna for fully day trip)





When my PM is working again I will send you mre details of all the villages etc but in the meantime you may wish to look in this site which has a lot of information about Korcula :-





http://korcula.net/




|||



Korcula,





I%26#39;m taking a very similar trip as Sofia2. I%26#39;d love for any information about the villages that you%26#39;d be willing to pass to me as well. Not sure how pms work (but I%26#39;ll figure it out if you send me one.





Thanks in advance.




|||



I have sent you a PM - I am sure you will be able to figure out how to read it !





have a good trip !




|||



My wife and I also both in mid-late 50%26#39;s spent a week in Korcula last September and found more than enough to keep up our interest. Lots of lovely walks wonderful architecture, great clear clean water for swimming and snorling. some nice walks along the mainland coast opposite Kurcula with some beautiful churches as well which is only 5 min ferry.




|||



Hi Korcula,



Thanks for your reply. I%26#39;m looking forward to receiving your PM, is your computer working yet?



Sofia2

No comments:

Post a Comment