Tuesday, April 24, 2012

best sunset location - dubrovnik

Hello:





I am into photography and plan on perfecting the best sunset shot while in Dubrovnik. We all know the sun sets in the west. Does anyone know the perfect spot to be standing in Dubrovnik to get a shot with the sun setting (horizon meeting land/water)?



While I have your attention - if you also know good sunset locations for Trogir/Split/Hvar/Korcula......I am eager to listen since I am also going there in Sept!!



Thanks a bunch,



travelbugCarrie



London, Ontario CANADA




|||



Here is a great link on local photo site to give you ideas: http://www.pticica.com/slike/oznake/dubrovnik





Besides shooting in the Old Town, getting few shots from the Srdj mountain is also great




|||



You have to drive the old road to Hvar town from anywhere on the Hvar island, and you will have a perfect sunset, even sinking of the sun into the sea from some positions, depending of the time of the year.



Or from southern bays on the Hvar island too.




|||



The Hole in the Wall bar in Dubrovnik is used for sunset drinks - also coming back from boat trips to the Elaphiti islands. In Trogir, froam the top of the Kamerlengo fortress is good or from Saldun beach in Okrug Gornji.




|||



If you want Dubrovnik in the frame go to the Hotel Argentina or go up on the main road to Cavtat a few kilometres away.





Another suggestion is go to Cavtat and you will get some amazing shots. If you have transport try up on the mountain over Cavtat near the The Restaurant Konavoski Komin.





I have a feeling that I might have some sunset pics on T A. Have a look




|||



cafe buza, the ploce, the mountain, (forget the name), and or the walls.




|||



You can forget the city walls for any sunset shots, as they are now closing at 1830. However by next month it will be again earlier as the days grow shorter.



My suggestion would be Buza bar if you%26#39;re on foot. However if you want some really good shots then hire a taxi to take you to the top of Srd, there is no better place for photography of the old town and sunsets.







Dobrodosli u Dubrovnik




|||



thanks for the info!! I went onto Pticica.....great shots....also I will have to look up the Srdj mountain!



travelbugcarrie




|||



thanks for the tip on the sunset locations!



Carrie




|||



thanks for the tips - I plan on shooting the sunset from the elaphite islands and on top of Kamerlengo fortress....travelbugcarrie




|||



thanks for the tips!! I will try shooting the sunset around Hotel Argentina.....I also saw some nice shots from Cavtat....I%26#39;ve decided I want to go there also.



travelbugcarrie

No comments:

Post a Comment