Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dubrovnik public transport



Sorry struggling to make sense of the Libertas website (maybe %26#39;cos my Croatian is non-existant!!).





We arrive into the main bus station from Split and then need to transfer to our accommodation which is on Brune Brusica. Are there any local buses that head that way?





If not, what would be the walking time?





We want to avoid taxis as I%26#39;ve heard they are very expensive.




|||



Is the address at Brune Busica or Brune Brusica? If its the first one you could get a local bus to the Old Town at Pile Gate and then have to walk the rest of the way. Bad thing about this is that it would be uphill most of the way and if you have lots of luggage it might be quite the workout. If you put Brune Busica into google maps it will show you exactly where it is in relation to Old Town. If you aren%26#39;t up for an uphill walk you might want to just take a taxi.




|||





Thanks BarryM - yes, I can see it on the map. The place is up the hill, near Simply Angelic apartments.





From the sketchy bus map I found, it looks like buses no.5 %26amp; 8 take road Petra Kresimira on the way to Viktorija and this road runs parellel to Brune Busica. Is that correct? Would this help us avoid some of those steps?




|||



Yes that would save you a bunch of steps. Not sure of where the bus stops are there though. That street does run parallel to yours though and that would indeed save you lots of steps. I looked on the Dubrovnik bus map and it is bus 5 %26amp; 8.




|||



When I stayed at Simply Angelic I had them send a taxi for me. I arranged it through the owner of the apartment. It was the easiest thing. I also don%26#39;t travel light.





The taxi driver is a total character and I was pleased to have met him. He gave me his card which only has a phone number 385 (0) 98 345 121, or 385 (0) 20 417-499. Or his daughter%26#39;s company (which I think can book out the taxi), www.dubrovnik-transferi.com.





The hill is too severe to do with luggage. He can drop you off above the apartment which makes it easier to walk down. I think the bus only stops below the apartment and you%26#39;d have to walk up.




|||



I found my old email from Nena. The taxi was 100kn last year.




|||





Thanks Tallulah, I%26#39;ll keep that number just in case we decide not to worry with the hassle of the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment