Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Snorkeling in Krk?

Hello everyone, my girlfriend and me (early 30s, late 20s) are thinking about spending a week in Krk this August.





I was wondering if someone could be so kind to suggest us a good location where to stay, in order to sunbathe and, most importantly, snorkel during the day and enjoy a living but not too crazy/noisy party atmosphere in the night.





So far we%26#39;re undecided between Baska, Krk and Punat - with the latter being the most likely destination, unless adverse suggestions are received. Of course other suggestions are welcome as well.





I thank in advance everyone who%26#39;ll be so kind to reply.





Steve




|||



My vote goes for Baska but I can not say nothing bad about Punat.Along with Vrbnik that SW part is my favorite corner.




|||



Absolutely Baska! But why focusing on one place anyway? hop in your car or rent a bike and explore. This is Croatia, no one chase you away if you stop at some remote beach...




|||



Another vote for Baska. I went there on a day trip on one of our trips and really enjoyed the time I spent there.




|||



Hello everyone and Hvala (thank you) all for your suggestions; at the end we opted for Baska and I%26#39;m glad we did; although the village and the beach in town were both a bit too crowded for my personal taste, we%26#39;ve had some good time %26amp; also managed to do some good snorkeling, once we identified the proper places where to go.





To those interested in such activity, I can definitely suggest you to go in the (Ulika) Kricin area, from the beach just after the harbor, until either before or, even better, after the Bunculuka FKK camping site (it%26#39;s a naturist=nudity camping and you%26#39;ll have to pay to get past it, but it%26#39;s not big money and I%26#39;d recommend it). Once you get past it (get proper shoes and water, since you%26#39;ll have to walk on rocks for a couple of hours) you can find beautiful beaches with crystal clear water, which are definitely less crowded than the main beach in Baska and populated by fish. On the other hand, don%26#39;t expect to find anything on the other side of town (Zarok, after the other camping site) since I was reported by some fellow snorkelers I%26#39;ve met there that they spotted nothing there (not hard to believe, considering the amount of people bathing in the whole Baska town area).





Otherwise another snorkeling location I liked is at a beach just before the camping site before the town of Stara Baska (after the town of Punat, at about 30 min away from Baska by car). Before the downhill that takes you to the camping site, just park your car (with the others you see) and climb the hill down to the beaches you see from the street. There are two of them... go for the one on your right, if you%26#39;re interested in seeing sea life, as the other on the left was much less interesting in my opinion; sun also disappears much earlier there, since the rocks on its shoulders hide it very early in the afternoon.





Talking specifically about snorkeling I can say that fish colors are not as vibrant as those of tropical fish but the vegetation was cool and fish was quite abundant nevertheless; in a few words, I don%26#39;t think you can find much better snorkeling places in the adriatic and mediterrean... please let me know if you disagree on this statement of mine, because of course, I%26#39;m curious to receive feedback about cool snorkeling places I don%26#39;t know of :-)





All for now, feel free to PM me or continue this thread if you want to know more about our experience in Baska. Glad to help you, if I can. :-)




|||



Thank you for informing us back.



You should have known that it will be overcrowded because of Ferragosto, now is the situation better already, you can come back for a weekend.As you are coming from Udine I wonder if you know that there is an international deep sea fishing competition on the island Cres at the end of each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment