Friday, March 30, 2012

Fantastic Apartment Kolic!!

This Apartment is in the very centre of the old harbour (no hills to climb). It is an old house that has been renovated to a very high standard. We enjoyed our stay here watching boats sail in and out of the port from our private terrace/balcony.The owner picked us up at the airport and dropped us off at the port in Dubrovnik. After seeing other apartments and hotels that we had considered, we were very pleased with our choice and can recommend Kolic Apartment and Cavtat 100%. Trip advisor won%26#39;t allow me to put on contatc details for the owner - but you can find him by a google search of Kolic Apartment Cavtat




|||



We came back a couple of weeks ago having stayed at the top of %26quot;that hill%26quot; It was a killer in the mid-day sun and only slightly better in the cooler evenings. We would return to Cavtat and would want to stay in the harbour area next time, so that is great info. It is a wonderful place to chill and relax.




|||



We stayed on the hill overlooking the bay. Our apartment was fairly basic but the view from the balcony was absolutely stunning. We had no problem with the walk up but felt for the people that did.



Loved Cavtat and would definitely return again




|||



Hi





I%26#39;ve googled this apartment a few times and can%26#39;t find it, do you have a website or contact details?





Thanks





Cats




|||



Yes I do, but trip advisor won%26#39;t let me post them here - send me a private message and I will give them to you




|||



Hi - if you are looking somewhere very central with a stunning view, have a look at my review on Tija Apartments. Then you get the best of both worlds!




|||



Hi





I did and I%26#39;ve booked an apartment there for next week, really looking forward to our trip.





Thanks for the review!





Cat




|||



Hi everyone,





would someone mind messaging me a link or website, too?





kind regards, Elizabeth




|||



Funnily enough I had just looked at the details for this apartment before going on Trip Adviser and seeing your post (is this fate?) and thought it looked fabulous! I am thinking of going to Croatia next year for the first time with my family (I have wanted to go for years) and have spent hours searching on the internet for the %26#39;right location and right accommodation%26#39;.





Although I note this particular apartment has only one bedroom, and a lounge with sofabed for 2, in your opinion do you think it would be suitable for me and my husband and our two teenage daughters (who will be 13 and 16 next year)? They usually like a swimming pool, but if the nearby beaches are ok I think they would forgo this for a nice apartment - what do you think?





We usually travel independently and like a nice beach area and local shops and a bit of culture (nearby Dubrovnik appeals to me) with the opportunity to visit other nearby places. Not having to hire a car would be great for my husband, as he likes to totally wind down on holiday. On an evening we like to have a wander around, have a drink and sometimes go out for a meal, although we do eat in too to keep within our budget.





Not keen on anywhere too %26#39;touristy%26#39; ie masses of big hotels and sunbed pitches on the beach. Hope I can find something to suit! Your response would be much appreciated.





Thanks.





Jules




|||



holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/cavtat/83866




|||



Hi Jules





We never used the sofabed as there were only 2 of us ...so I don%26#39;t really know what it was like, however the living area is quite large so it wouldn%26#39;t be too cramped if the bed was down.





Cavtat sounds ideal for you (though it may be a bit quiet for teenagers!) the apartment is only a few yards from a lido and there are plenty of others on the peninsula along a lovely walk. There are no sandy beaches as such in this area. Lots of nice bars and restuarants along the promenade - nice to sit at sunset and watch all the yachts come in to berth for the night.





We didn%26#39;t need to hire a car as there are good bus services to Dubrovnik and other places, or there is the watre taxis. I would also recommend the day boat trips to the islands (sorry can%26#39;t remember their name) but it can be booked on the harbour from the kiosks.





Have a great holiday



Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment