Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Is Hvar Town like Ibiza?

I have doing a bit of research on Croatia as a possible destination for our holiday next September (2010). I had decided upon Hvar as our ideal destination. My husband and I are in our thirties and would like some sunshine in a beautiful setting. I found a great villa within 5 mins of Hvar Town and have made enquiries as to its availability. Then....I saw something on the internet which likened Hvar Town to Ibiza which dampened my enthusiasm ! Is this correct? My impression of Hvar town until I had read this point was that it was quite sofisticated and atmospheric - which sounded great. We would definitely enjoy going to some nice bars and lovely restaurants but are not interested in clubs. Would Hvar in September suit us or should I look elsewhere??



Thanks in advance for your thoughts




|||



Hvar is the right place for you. In September you don%26#39;t even have to avoid the town centre.



Even in high season I would not compare Hvar with Ibiza(never been there but understand what you mean).



There are several night clubs very lively and overcrowded in high season, slowing down in the autumn and closing in winter. You simply will not go to those night clubs.




|||



Hvar in September will be great and never compare Hvar to Ibiza! Hvar has a lot more class...




|||



Thanks to God Hvar is not like Ibiza :)



In August we have wild nightlife but in the rest of the year Hvar is ideal place for the travellers who want to enjoy in other things as culture, nature, adventure, food, wine, relax...





September is the right time for that.



Now we have nice weather (October), beaches are not crowded as in August...




|||



Thank you all for your replies. You have been most helpful.




|||



If you like Ibiza, Hvar is not the right place, even in August; you rather take a look to Zrce, Pag

No comments:

Post a Comment