Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Drive from Rome to Dubrovnik - Car Hire

Hi, I am travelling from Rome to Dubrovnik, via Venice in October. I wanted to drive the trip to have the ability to take me time and stop along the way. However, I have been told that you cannot hire a car from Italy to Dubrovnik one way.





Does anyone know if there is anyway I can do this and there is a car company I can use. at present I am looking at drving to Venice and then catching a boat to Dubrovnik, but it just isnt what I really want to do.





Any ideas?




|||



Hire a car from Rome to Trieste, drop it off there and take the 1 hour bus to Rijeka (Rovinj or Pula) where you hire another car




|||



I agree with the advice Morlaque has given you. Also, there is no ferry from Venice to Dubrovnik.




|||



brilliant.. thanks so much...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 13, 2009


|||



i do not hire cars in Croatia as being on holiday the great wine and cheap rumbo means its to risky with their Zero alcohol statutes.....the buses are excellent and then hire a car daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment